Lifestyle tips

Appetite stimulants

I recently started taking Periactin, an antihistamine which has the side effect of increasing your appetite. The active ingredient is Cyproheptadine, which is also found in another product called Apetamin

Thought I would share my experience so far and answer any questions that people have around it!
1 week

Appetite stimulants

I suffer from pretty bad hayfever, so I thought I’d try it out since I heard about it’s appetite enhancing effects. So I began taking one pill (4mg) before bed every night at the start of April at a starting weight of 206 lbs.

I had read online that it made people eat like a horse and I can confirm this was definitely true for me! I find myself getting hungry much more often, and can eat a lot more before I begin feeling full.

After three weeks I weighed in at 211 lbs, a new high for me and a gain of 5 lbs. My weight had plateaued just above 200 lbs and with the help of this medicine I finally broke through it.

I weigh in every week so I will continue to update this thread with any more gains I make.

Also happy to answer any questions people might have around this!
1 week

Appetite stimulants

The first 2-3 days bring a lot of fatigue and drowsiness, but once beyond this, cyproheptadine is very effective at increasing appetite. It turned me into an eating machine.
6 days

Appetite stimulants

This sounds interesting. I’ve always liked the idea but still a little nervous. How do you get these? It looks like a prescription is required here.
6 days

Appetite stimulants

In the UK, we can get them over the counter from a pharmacist (or, indeed, online).

In the USA it’s prescription only. But you can get cyproheptadine syrup pretty easily. Search for Apetamin or Tres Oryx Forte.
6 days

Appetite stimulants

Thank you, I tired Apetamin for a few days once. It scared me how tired it made me lol. But maybe I’ll give it another shot at some point.
6 days

Appetite stimulants

HRHB15:
Thank you, I tired Apetamin for a few days once. It scared me how tired it made me lol. But maybe I’ll give it another shot at some point.

I wouldn't. There's a reason why it's illegal in our country.

There are better, easier, and most cost effective ways to gain.
6 days

Appetite stimulants

HRHB15:

The drowsiness wears off after a few days.
5 days

Appetite stimulants

Like what has been mentioned above, this medication is prescription only in the US. In the UK you can get it from an online pharmacy which is where I got mine

I experienced drowsiness after taking it for around two weeks, and it still makes me feel drowsy after waking up. It’s completely eliminated my allergies and even kept them at bay during the nice weather last week

My appetite is still noticeably bigger and I gained another 2 lbs this week. I’m now comfortably past my all time highest weight and still growing
5 days

Appetite stimulants

I would be wary of taking any of the gen 1 antihistamines on a regular basis. There are both a bevy of known undesirable sideffects and some worrying studies into links to neural degenerative diseases and long term use of those kinds of meds. I doubt op is planning on taking it for years but do be careful.
5 days
12   loading